Register or Make Enquiry
You can register on this course, or any of our other courses, by clicking on the button below and filling out our short registration form.
Download our training brochure with information on all of the courses provided by the Materials Processing Institute.
- The ironmaking course will provide a practical, operational and theoretical insight into the iron making process. This will include classroom lectures & discussion groups and mathematical modelling of a steel plant design.
Who Should Attend?
- The course is aimed at people working in the iron & steel industry, as well as the iron & steel supply chain, who will benefit from a broad understanding of the ironmaking process. Typical delegates include senior production operators, engineers, manufacturing and operations managers, metallurgists, technical and quality control personnel.
- This course will provide you with an in-depth knowledge of the ironmaking process.
- After the course you will have an understanding of the fundamental science in the ironmaking process.
- Burden preparation & selection
- Role of coke in the blast funace
- Coke manufacture
- Blast furnace design & process
- The Cohesive Zone
- Burden distribution control
- Blast furnace control philosophy
- Cast house operations
- Fuel / coal injection
- Hot blast stoves
- Blast furnace ancillaries
- Slag production & utilisation
- The course is 4 days
Bespoke Training Courses
Bespoke industry training courses are also available and are tailored to meet the specific learning needs of clients. These bespoke training courses are run to schedules to suit client requirements and can carried out in-house, at venues local to clients, or at the Materials Processing Institute. Bespoke training is available worldwide.