SME Technology Centre
The SME Technology Centre provides open access support to small and medium sized businesses across all sectors looking to develop, commercialise and improve technology.
Support is available for pre-start ups through to already established SMEs in the following key business areas:
The SME Technology Centre works with clients to develop technology by providing them with technical support in taking a concept or idea right through to production and commercialisation.
Technical support available includes:
- Technology Development
- Process and Materials Support
- Laboratory Space
- Pilot Plant, Scale Up and Demonstrator Facilities
- Technical Expertise
- Access to Specialist Equipment
- Technical Mentoring
The SME Technology Centre provides advice and support to clients to help them grow their businesses including:
- Business Advice, Mentoring and Coaching
- Marketing and Market Intelligence
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Support
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Business Signposting and Brokering
- Business Referrals and Introductions
- Modern and Equipped Offices for Rent
- Access to Conferencing and Meeting Facilities
- Business Administration and Support Services
The SME Technology Centre has specialist support teams to help businesses access grants and funds, as well to provide guidance on other routes of financial assistance.
- Access to Funding and Grants
- Access to Financial and Investment Support
The SME Technology Centre has implemented an SME Growth Pathway to identify and engage with SMEs, and to support SME's with the development and commercialisation of innovations and technology. This is also backed up by comprehensive support in terms of facilities, scientific and commercial expertise.
The SME Technology Centre puts it clients’ needs at the centre of all its activities to help them achieve their technology development and growth objectives.