Register or Make Enquiry
You can register on this course, or any of our other courses, by clicking on the button below and filling out our short registration form.
Download our training brochure with information on all of the courses provided by the Materials Processing Institute.
- The reheating course considers the reheating process in cast products and includes practical, operational and theoretical learning, based around lectures & discussion groups, laboratory experiments and a visit to a rolling mill.
Who Should Attend?
- The course is aimed at people working in the steel industry, as well as the steel industry supply chain, who will benefit from a broad understanding of the reheating processes. Typical delegates include senior production operators, engineers, manufacturing and operations managers, metallurgists, technical and quality control personnel and health & safety specialists.
- This course will provide an in-depth knowledge of the reheating processes; particularly demonstrating that the reheating process, if properly managed, maintained and controlled, can increase process efficiency and reduce process costs
- After the course you will have an excellent understanding of the fundamental science in the reheating process
- Furnace specification & design
- Furnace efficiency
- Burners and recuperation
- Heart balance and furnace efficiency
- Measurement & control
- Computer control
- Fuels & combustion
- The continuous casting process
- Rolling processes & requirements
Materials Processing Instititute
- The course is 3-5 days depending on course requirements
Bespoke Training Courses
Bespoke industry training courses are also available and are tailored to meet the specific learning needs of clients. These bespoke training courses are run to schedules to suit client requirements and can carried out in-house, at venues local to clients, or at the Materials Processing Institute. Bespoke training is available worldwide.