Register or Make Enquiry
You can register on this course, or any of our other courses, by clicking on the button below and filling out our short registration form.
Download our training brochure with information on all of the courses provided by the Materials Processing Institute.
- The steelmaking course provides practical, operational and theoretical understanding of primary and secondary steelmaking. It includes classroom lectures, discussion groups, laboratory experiments, through-process / through-cost assessments and a visit to a steel works.
Who Should Attend?
- The course is aimed at people working in the steel industry and steel industry supply chain, who will benefit from a broad understanding of steelmaking processes. Typical delegates include senior production operators, engineers, manufacturing and operations managers, metallurgists, technical and quality control personnel and health & safety specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of primary and secondary steelmaking processes
- Fundamental understanding of steelmaking practices
- Hot metal pre-treatment
- Basic oxygen steelmaking process
- Basic oxygen steelmaking engineering
- Basic oxygen steelmaking off-gas systems
- Electric Arc Furnace
- Stainless Steelmaking
- Ladle processes
- Ladle metallurgy
- Steel cleanness
Materials Processing Instititute
- The course is 3-5 days depending on course requirements
Bespoke Training Courses
Bespoke industry training courses are also available and are tailored to meet the specific learning needs of clients. These bespoke training courses are run to schedules to suit client requirements and can carried out in-house, at venues local to clients, or at the Materials Processing Institute. Bespoke training is available worldwide.