The Rotary Microwave Furnace is used for the reduction of iron and other ores.
It may also be used as a rotary kiln with microwave enhanced heating for the treatment of aggregates, raw materials or other substances.
The Rotary Microwave Furnace is approximately 6 metres long and 300mm diameter. This furnace can be heated up to 800°C using a combination of both external element heating and microwave power.
The furnace has gas tight seals to allow a controlled atmosphere to be used inside the furnace.
Applications and Capability
- Treatment of aggregates, raw materials or other substances
- Reduction of minerals in controlled atmospheres
- 800°C from external element heating
- Up to 12kW of microwave energy
- Controlled atmosphere
- Up to 60kg of raw materials
- Unique combination of conventional heating, microwave energy and controlled atmosphere
- Flexibility to be adapted for different feedstocks, temperatures and gas mixtures