The Hydrometallurgy Rig is used to extract targeted substances into soluble salts. The soluble salts can be processed further via precipitation in the same equipment or decanted for additional processing on alternative equipment.
- Glass lined oxidising reactor vessel, together with five chamber 5 litre dissolution reactors
- Equipped with a heating and cooling jacket and flow, temperature and pH sensor ports
Applications and Capability
- Used to extract targeted substance into soluble salts
- The soluble salts can be processed further via precipitation in the same equipment or decanted for additional processing on alternative equipment
- Materials to be processed range from slags and mineral wastes to batteries and electronics
- Enables scale up from laboratory testing to pilot scale, enabling reaction rates, mineral recovery rates and process dynamics to be established
- This provides the supporting date for scale up and industrialisation
The Hydrometallurgy Rig can be used in conjunction with the pyrometallurgical facilities at the Institute to determine the most appropriate material recovery rates and is also supported by an extensive range of analytical and characterisation facilities.