“I have a great deal of experience in the metallurgy sector and component supply chains, which serves the Materials Processing Institute and our clients well, as we implement research programmes tailored to each of our clients’ specific requirements and build on our own innovative research.”
Strategic Account Manager
The Materials Processing Institute has been delivering complex multi-partner research and innovation programmes for over 70 years and has been a leading organisation in managing the process of bringing innovation to commercialisation.
The Institute supports clients with industrial research and innovation through partnership programmes through which they place a portfolio of projects under the management of the Institute.
The Portfolio Approach
This portfolio approach is based on a rolling programme of ongoing research. Through these partnership programmes clients benefit by:
- Maximising the financial return on research investment
- Minimising technology risks associated with the research
This partnership approach to research is a long-term relationship based on mutual benefit. The Institute integrates with the client to co-ordinate and deliver a programme of research and innovation projects, including:
- Management and implementation of client research programmes, including management of third party organisations
- Co-ordination of public funding and bid writing, including technology scanning and highlighting opportunities
- Training of high level skills including supervision of PhD's
- Intellectual property management