23 November 2023
Institute ICT achieves Government led Cyber Essentials Certification
Cyber Essentials is a UK Government led and industry-backed scheme that helps organisations of all sizes protect themselves against common cyber-security threats.
The scheme is based on the correct implementation of five technical controls that are designed to protect organisations. These are:
1. Use of a firewall to secure Internet connection
2. Choosing the most secure settings for devices and software
3. Control of who has access to data and services
4. Protection from viruses and other malware
5. Keeping devices and software up to date
The Certificate confirms that the Institute was assessed against the Cyber Essentials Requirements and that the Institute’s ICT defences were assessed to meet the requirements.
The attainment of Cyber Essentials Certification indicates that the Institute has implemented a sensible baseline of organisational cyber security.
7 March 2019